The safety of our pupils in all aspects of their life is taken very seriously at Hoxton Garden Primary School. Within that remit we are committed to educating our young people to be safe internet users and in supporting parents with this very important skill at home too.
In school we have an internet safety code of conduct that all pupils and staff are expected to adhere too. We have strong and constantly updated filters in place to protect and govern internet use. The most effective way to support our children to develop internet safe skills is to be aware of the dangers ourselves. Please use the links below to find out more about how to protect and educate your children to use the internet safely.
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre
- CEOP Think U Know
- CEOP’s ThinkUknow parents section
- Internet terms and Language: A Guide for Parents
- Safer Internet Centre
- Digital Parenting Magazine from Vodafone
- PEGI games rating
***Please remember that Social Media Sites (e.g. Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, Instagram etc) have aminimum age requirement of 13+ in their terms and conditions. Also Whats App and other internet based messaging services can only be used by 16 year olds and over.***
How to Deal with Concerns
If at any point you have any concerns about your child’s safety on line please report it to CEOP (a police led online crime and safety service) using this link:
CEOP always reccommend the following;
- If you need urgent help, i.e, your child is in immediate danger such as meeting a stranger they have met online, then call 999.
- Don’t delete any emails, images or conversations related to this report
- Don’t contact the suspect yourself. Let us do the detective work
Most sites will have their own report buttons too or facility to block people and pages that cause you concern.